Clarion Write-a-thon has drawn to a close. Winner of the yet to be fully produced Cheshire Cat string art is: Adam Nobel. Thank you, Adam. And thank you to everyone else who donated.
- When you have writers block, write something. Personal essay, porn, an angry rant that will never see the light of day. Write.
- No one will donate to a cause you haven’t told them about.
- Telling people once isn’t enough.
- Telling people on one platform isn’t enough.
- Don’t live stream until you have cleared your desk.
- Teenage boys would rather do chores than be your lovely assistant.
- Finish your prize before the last day of the write-a-thon.
- Don’t let yourself off the hook on daily writing goals.
- Sometimes you have to let yourself off the hook.
- No one becomes a better writer alone. We need feedback, mentors, readers, friends and family.
Thank you again to everyone who contributed to the Clarion Write-a-thon, even if you didn’t donate through my page. You have helped continue to grow the SF&F writing community. We had a painful reminder recently why new and diverse voices are important. For SF&F to remain relivant we need a constant influx of new voices.
If you want to watch my clunky live stream, here it is, saved in amber: https://twitter.com/nylabright/status/1290348253570113539?s=20
If you still want to donate, you can’t win the prize but, let’s be honest, the real prize is great SF&F stories: https://clarionwriteathon.org/members/profile.php?writerid=761322